- Last Updated: Monday, 09 April 2018 14:55
- CD-1144 Home Decor Vase or MB-1144 Home Decor Vase (bisque)
- FN-001 White
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-12 Moody Blue
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-23 Jack'O Lantern
- SC-78 Lime Light
- S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- DSS-148 Sea Life 3 XL
- AC-220 Detail Tips and Bottles
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Palette Knife
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Thin S-2101 Clear Brushing, pour to the inside, turn to coat, pour out excess.
3. Brush on two coats of FN-001 White with CB-604 Soft Fan to the vase.
4. Fill the detailer bottles, AC-220 with half of SC-12 Moody Blue, and another bottle with half of SC-11 Blue Yonder, add a 1/2 tsp of water, fill the remainder of the bottle with rubbing alcohol. Shake well.
5. Brush on another coat of FN-001 White work in sections as the glaze needs to be wet, place the vase in a horizontal position, drop onto the wet glaze small drops of the Blue Yonder and Moody Blue mixture, give space for the color to expand. Fill in to your desired look.
6. When dry, thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium using a palette knife to the consistency of peanut butter, use the seahorse from DSS-148 with the shiny side down and up to get them to face one another, rub the thickened Tuxedo over the screen. The small seahorse from DSS-102 Sea Life also works well.
7. Brush on one coat of SC-78 Lime Light and SC-23 Jack O'Lantern to sections of the seahorse with CB-106 Script Liner.
8. Brush the inside neck of the vase with SC-12 Moody Blue three coats with CB-604 Soft Fan.
9. Fire to cone 05/06.