- Last Updated: Monday, 09 April 2018 14:36
- CD-814 Tall Envelope Vase Mold
- SC-7 Leapin' Lizard
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-35 Gray Hare
- SC-43 Lettuce Alone
- SC-60 Silver Lining
- SC-75 Orange-A-Peel
- SC-83 Tip Taupe
- SC-93 Honeydew List
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- FN-001 White
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- MT-012 Ikat Mat
- 2" Foam Roller
- Pattern: Download
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Copy two patterns, cut out the shapes.
3. Trace around the owl pattern on the vase, brush the area past the pencil lines with two coats of FN-001 White.
4. When dry, re-wet the area with brushed on water, place the paper pattern over the white glaze. press a paper towel over the paper to remove gaps.
5. With CB-604 Soft Fan brush on one coat of SC-43 Lettuce Alone brush over the edges of the paper. For the second coat brush SC-93 Honeydew List over the area around the owl's head and top wings, brush the remainder of the vase with Lettuce Alone, third coat repeats the second coat, blending the Honeydew List with Lettuce Alone.
6. Let dry, apply SC-7 Leapin' Lizard to the MT-012 Ikat mat, press to the vase, front and back. Use the two-inch foam roller to apply color to the mat.
7. Remove the paper.
8. Refer to the picture for color placement, feathers are SC-16 Cotton Tail, SC-60 Silver Lining, SC-35 Gray Hare, and SC-83 Tip Taupe. Apply with CB-106 Script Liner, in a press, pull and lift stroke for the individual feathers.
9. Owl's body is a little darker, using mostly SC-60 Silver Lining and SC-35 Gray Hare, in a blocky stroke, mixed in with SC-16 Cotton Tail and soft Tuxedo lines.
10. Eyes are SC-79 Cant-elope, the beak is SC-83 Tip Taupe, dots of SC-75 Orange A Peel and Cant-elope are in the wings next to the body.
11. Use a stiff toothbrush to spatter the wings with SC-35 Gray Hare, and SC-83 Tip Taupe. Outline with SC-15 Tuxedo using CB-110 Liner around the outside edges and a lighter outline on the body near the wings. Shade SC-15 Tuxedo on the left side of the body next to the wings with CB-106 Script Liner.
12. Brush FN-001 White into the neck and top edge of the vase, if desired clear glaze the inside for use with flowers.