- Last Updated: Wednesday, 23 May 2018 13:56
- MB-1511 Crab Dish
- MB-1447 Crab Mug
- FN-036 Grape
- SC-13 Grapel
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-33 Fruit of the Vine
- SC-73 Candy Apple Red
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- NTBR Clear One Brushing Glaze
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Slightly thin FN-036 Grape, pour inside the mug, turn to coat, pour out the excess glaze and drain.
3. Use the Script Liner to apply three coats of SC-73 Candy Apple Red to the tips of the claws. Apply three coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to the remainder of the claws, overlapping the colors. Apply three coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to the bottom of the crab's shell.
4. Apply three coats of SC-13 Grapel to the crab's legs, arms and the middle section of the crab's body. Apply SC-33 Fruit of the Vine to the sides of the crab's body, overlapping two of the coats over the Grapel. This will allow the center of the body to be a brighter purple and the sides a deeper purple.
5. Outline the detail on the crab's body with SC-15 Tuxedo. Tuxedo is brushed between the spaces in the claws, eyes are Tuxedo, use CB-110 Liner.
6. Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of FN-036 Grape to the back of the crab dish.
8. Use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of NTBR Clear One Brushing Glaze to the outside of the mug.
9. Fire to cone 06.