- Last Updated: Tuesday, 24 July 2018 20:20
MB-1292 Rectangular Dinnerware - Dinner Plate
- SG-401 Black
- SG-403 Red
- SG-405 Green
- SG-407 Yellow
- SG-408 Orange
- SG-409 Bright Green
- SG-410 Bright Blue
- SG-411 Purple
- FN-051 Strawberry
- NT-CLR Clear One or NT-BR Clear One Brushing Glaze
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- Pattern: Download
2. Prep the bottles of Designer Liner. Shake all of the bottles to mix up the product. To open the bottles: Take the plastic cap off and run a toothpick from the inside out to open the tip. Take the metal nip, press and twist onto the plastic tip. Leave the pin in the little bag and poke it through to make the bag a flag. When not using the Designer Liner, put the pin in the tip to prevent clogging. If you do not plan to use the glaze for a while take off the metal tip, clean and store in the plastic bag and put the white cap back on the bottle.
3. Use the AS-230 Clay Carbon Paper to transfer the image. Place the AC-230 Clay carbon paper on the bisque, use a pen and test to see if you have the side that transfers on the bisque. Make a mark on the paper, if it leaves a mark on the bisque that is the correct side. If not turn it over and test again. Once you have the correct side down, place the pattern on top of the AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper and begin tracing the pattern.
4. Tip: Use a red or colored pen to trace. This will help you determine where you have already traced.
5. Remove the pattern and paper when completely traced. Now you get to the fun part!
6. Tip: Always tap the bottle with the tip down and start the glaze moving on a paper or towel before the bisque. This will prevent air bubbles from spurting the glaze where you don't want it to land. Also, periodically wipe the tip as you go.
7. Designer Liner is meant for fine lines, outlining and details. So practice how hard to squeeze each color before laying on the bisque. Mayco welcomes you to choose your colors! Only go over the pattern once.
8. Scotty - SG-401 Black, ball and collar - SG-403 Red, Flowers - SG-407 Yellow, SG-408 Orange, ST-410 Bright Blue, SG-411 Purple, SG-403 Red, Grass - SG-405 Green & SG-409 Bright Green.
9. Using the CB-604 #4 Soft Fan Brush apply three coats of FN-051 Strawberry to the back of the plate. Allow the shine to fade then apply the next coat.
10. Apply glaze of choice to the entire piece.
11. Stilt and fire to cone 05/06