- Last Updated: Wednesday, 06 June 2018 18:50
MB-1409 Can It - One Gallon
- SC-12 Tuxedo
- SC-27 Sour Apple
- SC-31 The Blues
- SC-73 Candy Apple Red
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue
- SC-97 Cant-Elope
- FN-035 Deep Red
- S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze OR NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze
- DSS-0152 Day of the Dead
- DSS-0138 Flowers 2
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- Palette Knife
- Food Coloring
2. Slightly thin FN-035 Deep Red. Pour inside the can, turn to coat, pour out the excess glaze and drain.
3. Pour a two tablespoons of S-2101 Clear onto a plate and add a few drops of food coloring to enhance the color. Sprinkle AC-310 Silkscreen Medium onto the glaze and blend with a palette knife to get a consistency of peanut butter.
4. Use the large skull from DSS-052 Day of the Dead and the rose from DSS-0138 Flowers 2. With the shiny side down, use the mixture to screen the skull image onto the center of the can. This is for color placement only. Use the rose screen from DSS-038 Flowers 2, screen next to the center of the skull. Use only use part of the screen as shown.
5. Use the Script Liner and Liner to apply two coats of the following colors into the sections of the skull: SC-73 Candy Apple Red and SC-97 Cant-Elope. Apply one coat of SC-31 The Blues. Do not paint the eyes and nose yet.
6. Use the same brushes to apply two coats of SC-73 Candy Apple Red on the bright sections of the rose and SC-74 Hot Tamale on the darker red sections of the rose petals. Apply two coats of SC-27 Sour Apple to the leaves. Apply only one thinned coat on the leaf that is turned. Let dry.
7. Thicken SC-15 Tuxedo as in step three (no food coloring) and line up the screens (shiny side down) over the previously screened images. Check all sides to ensure your image is lined up. Rub the thickened Tuxedo over the screens.
9. Use the Liner to apply one coat of SC-15 Tuxedo into the eye and nose cavity. Screening may not fill in this area completely.
10. Use the Script Liner to apply three coats of SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue around the skull and roses. Use the Liner to puddle one coat of SC-76 Cara-bein Blue in the small areas around the leaves and roses. Use the Soft Fan to blend Cara-Bein Blue into SC-12 Moody Blue for the remainder of the can.
11. Tape off the can's bottom and top edges. Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of FN-035 Deep Red to the edges and the bottom of the can. Remove the tape.
12. Dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze or use the soft fan to apply two coats of S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze area around the skull and roses.
13. Fire to cone 05/06.