- Last Updated: Monday, 25 March 2019 16:28
MB-1381 Seahorse Dish
- FN-211 Sheer Blue
- SC-2 Melon-Choly
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-30 Blue Dawn
- SC-31 The Blues
- SC-45 My Blue Heaven
- SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue
- SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral
- SG-402 White
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping or NT-BR Clear Brushing Glaze
- AC-220 Detailer Tips and 1oz Bottles (4)
- RB-144 #4 Soft Fan
- RB-106 #6 Script Liner
- RB-110 #10/0 Detail Liner
- Rubbing Alcohol
1. Begin with properly fired cone 04 bisque. Moisten a sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Using the Soft Fan with FN-211 Sheer Blue, apply 1 coat to the body of the sea horse. Allow to dry completely.
3. Prepare the AC-220 Detailer Tips and 1oz bottles. Take the 4 bottles and add 3/4 inch of glaze to each bottle. Do one for each of the following colors: SC-11 Blue Yonder, SC-30 Blue Dawn, SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue and SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral. Add 1/4 inch of water to each bottle and shake with your thumb covering the hole. Add 1 inch of rubbing alcohol. Screw the caps on and shake vigorously. Cut the top of the tip with scissors. Test to make sure drops come out of the tip.
4. Using the Soft Fan with FN-211 Sheer Blue, apply a heavy coat to the body of the sea horse. Do not let dry.
5. Using the detailer bottles, drop the glaze mixtures onto the sea horse's body. Use the colors as desired.
6. Using the Script Liner with SC-31 The Blues, apply 2 coats to the face, inner fin, spines and back of the sea horse. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
7. Using the Script Liner with SC-2 Melon-Choly, apply 2 coats to the nose and outer fin. Blend with SC-31 The Blues. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
8. Using the Detail Liner with SC-45 My Blue Heaven, apply 2 coats to the inner eye. Using the same brush with SC-31 The Blues, apply 2 coats to the outer eye. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
9. Using the Detail Liner with SC-15 Tuxedo, apply 2 coats to the pupil of the eye. Outline the eye.
10. Use SG-402 White to make a dot on the pupil.
11. Using the Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze to the eye or dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze.
12. Fire to cone 06.