- MB-1298 Flat Vase
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- FN-009 Black
- FN-304 Black Velvet
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponges
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- Designer: Tasha Hale
- Skill Level: Basic
- Time: 3 hours
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place a small amount of FN-009 Black into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it (about 3 parts glaze and 1 part water). It should be the consistency of a coffee cream. Pour this into the vase and roll around to completely coat the interior of the vase. Drain out the excess glaze and keep vase inverted until it has lost its shine. Wipe off any glaze from the outside using a damp sponge and wipe off any glaze on the outside of the vase.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-304 to the outside of the vase and allow to dry.
- Using the pattern and AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper, transfer the design to the vase. Use the center line of the pattern to align the design on the vase.
- With the CB-110 #10/0 Liner, paint the design with 3 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo.
- If necessary, use the liner brush to touch up the rim of the vase, so it has three coats of gloss black.
- Do not glaze. Stilt and fire to cone 06.