- Hand Built Form
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-27 Sour Apple
- SC-33 Fruit of the Vine
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-75 Orange-A-Peel
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner
- CB-106 #5 SCript Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CD-777 Oval Slump & Hump Mold
- Low Fire Clay
- Rolling Pin
Designer: Chelsea Proctor
- Begin by rolling a slab 1/4" thick using a low fire clay body.
- Make a cube, rectangular prism and a pyramid out of the slab of clay.
- To make the half-circle, use CD-777 Oval Slump and Hump mold. Slump the clay into the mold and take out of the mold once the clay can hold the oval shape.
- Roll an additional 1/4" thick slab. Slip and score it to the bottom of the half-circle.
- Cut the forms to fit into each other and slip and score them together. Make sure not to trap any air pockets between shapes.
- Smooth all of the joints with some slip and a CB-106 #6 Script Liner.
- Let dry and bisque fire to shelf cone 04.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, glaze each plane of all shapes a different color. Apply 3 coats of each color, allowing glaze to lose its shine between coats.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo to outline the edges of the shapes.
- Stilt and fire sculpture to shelf cone 06.