- Hand built
- EL-109 Blue Ridge, EL-138 Desert Canyon
- CB-604 Soft Fan, Art Roller-Mini B XARMSB, Art Roller-Mini C XARMSC
Moist Clay, 1/4" Wooden Slats, Canvas, Rolling Pin, Fettling Knife, Slip/Clay Slurry, Straight Edge/ Ruler
- Download: Pattern
- With a rolling pin and canvas, roll out a piece of moist clay 1/4" thick between wooden slats.
- Trace the pattern onto the slab of clay.
- Cut out the rectangles using a fettling knife and ruler to make sure you get straight lines.
- Apply the Art Roller-Mini B XARMSB and Art Roller-Mini C XARMSC to strips of clay.
- Use the slip and score method to attach the slabs together when the slabs are leather hard.
- Attach the decorated slabs to the outside and top on planter.
- Attach the plain slabs over the textured slabs.
- Once the planter is created attach the feet to the bottom.
- Allow to become completely bone dry.
- Bisque fire to Cone 04.
- Using CB-604 Soft Fan brush, apply 3 coats of EL-109 Blue Ridge to the bottom and top slats of the bonsai planter.
- Use the same brush and apply 3 coats of EL-138 Desert Canyon to the inside and textured slabs.
- With a damp sponge, wipe any excess glaze off the foot of the planter.
- Fire to cone 06.