Add more contour, use other press design tools to vary this project.
- CD-1077 Square Bowl
- EL-120 Black Ice
- EL -103 Sea Spray
- CB-404 #4 Pointed Round
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CD-1078 Design Press Tools
- Moist Clay
- ¼" Wooden Slats
- Rolling Pin
- Fettling Knife
- Using a rolling pin on canvas, roll out clay ¼" thick between ¼" wooden slats. Cut the rolled out clay into an 8 inch square.
- Press in the square spiral from CD-1078 Design Press Tools in even rows across the clay, keeping the rows close together. Pressing in the spirals will distort the square shape. Tap it back into shape with a wood slat.
- Let the clay firm up a little before lifting. Place the piece of clay at an angle across the slump from CD-1077 Square Bowl to get the clay to fall into the mold. Pick up the mold a few inches and let it fall back to the table. Repeat until the clay falls into the mold.
- Allow the pieces to dry completly.
- Bisque fire to shelf cone 04.
- Thin EL-120 Black Ice slightly. Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush EL-120 Black Ice over the piece. Use a damp sponge to wipe back the excess glaze to antique.
- Brush on 3 coats of EL-103 Sea Spray. After each coat use the CB-404 #4 Pointed Round to remove the excess glaze that will puddle into the detail.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of EL-120 Black Ice to the edges and the back of the bowl.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.