- CD-777 - Oval
- SC-2 - Melon-Choly
- SC-15 - Tuxedo
- SC-16 - Cotton Tail
- SC-20 - Birthday Suit
- SC-31 - The Blues
- SC-74 - Hot Tamale
- S-2101 - Crystal Clear Brushing
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-110 - #10/0 Liner
- CB-404 - #4 Pointed Round
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- Use a rolling pin and roll out clay on canvas, using ½" wood slats for even thickness. Clay should be large enough to fit into the slump or hump mold.
- Using a sand bag press the clay into the slump mold, making sure the clay fits snugly. Trim around edge of mold. Remove from mold when firm enough to hold shape.
- Trim away excess clay with the needle tool, leaving excess clay on the rims for the placement of the feet and the ears of the bowl. This will give strength to the feet and thickness to the ears.
- Refer to the pattern for placement of the snout, eyes and the ears. Cut out the shapes for the snout and the ears from rolled ½" clay. Score the back and slip attach in place with slip/clay slurry.
- Roll balls for the eyes. Flatten the back, score and attach with slip. Roll fat coils for the legs, score and attach with slip. Notch the ends for the hooves.
- Press the handle end of the needle tool for the nose holes.
- Refer to the pattern and with a blunt edge such as a ball point pen, mark mouth line.
- Make holes on both sides of the mask, across from the nose, for wire to hang.
- Let dry thoroughly.
- Bisque fire to shelf cone 04.
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SC-20 Birthday Suit to the pig mask and bowl.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan or a CB-404 #4 Pointed Round, apply 2 coats of SC-2 Melon-Choly to the snout, inside of the ears and the hooves.
- Using a CB-404 #4 Pointed Round, apply some SC-2 Melon-Choly over the cheek area of the mask.
- Using a CB-404 #4 Pointed Round, mix a little SC-74 Hot Tamale with the SC-2 Melon-Choly and use for stripes on the edge of the pig bowl and the poka-dot cheeks as well as the dots on the back of the bowl.
- Using a CB-404 #4 Pointed Round, apply 2 coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the eyes. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-404 #4 Pointed Round, apply 2 coats of SC-31 The Blues for the iris and SC-15 Tuxedo for the pupils.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, line the mouth with SC-74 Hot Tamale, and SC-15 Tuxedo to detail the brows and ears.
- Apply clear glaze of choice. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to cone 06.