- Last Updated: Monday, 19 November 2018 19:49
MB-1352 6” x 6” Clay Canvas
- FN-001 White
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-36 Irish Luck
- SC-45 My Blue Heaven
- SC-48 Camel Back
- SC-75 Orange-A-Peel
- SC-87 Ruby Slippers
- RB-144 #4 Soft Fan
- RB-110 #10/0 Detail Liner
- SL-438 Snowflakes Stencil
- X-ACTO Knife
1. Begin with properly fired cone 04 bisque. Moisten a sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Using the Soft Fan with FN-001 White, apply two coats to the front and sides of the canvas. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
3. Place the SL-438 Snowflakes Stencil on the canvas.
4. Squeeze about two tablespoons of SC-45 My Blue Heaven onto the plate. Take the sponge on a stick and gently dab it into the glaze. Blot off any excess onto the bare portion of the plate, then sponge over the stencil. Repeat until the design is complete. Slowly lift the stencil to avoid smearing. Allow it to dry completely.
5. Squeeze about two tablespoons of SC-87 Ruby Slippers onto the plate. Take the sponge on a stick and gently dab into the glaze. Sponge onto the inside of the child’s hand. Repeat until it is covered. Press the hand onto the canvas. Slowly lift the hand off to avoid smearing. Allow the handprint to dry completely.
6. Using a pencil, sketch the face, tree branch and lettering (child’s name and the date).
7. Using the X-ACTO knife, scratch off the portion of the handprint that will be beneath the eyes, beak and feet. This will prevent the red from showing through.
8. Using the Detail Liner with SC-16 Cotton Tail, apply two coats to the eyes. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
9. Using the Detail Liner with SC-75 Orange-A-Peel, apply two coats to the beak and feet. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
10. Using the Detail Liner with SC-48 Camel Back, apply one thick coat to the branch.
11. Using the Detail Liner with SC-36 Irish Luck, make the needles coming off of the branches. Start with the brush at the branch and use short, quick movements to make the needles pointy.
12. Using the Detail Liner with SC-15 Tuxedo, detail the eyes, beak and feet.
13. Using the Detail Liner with SC-36 Irish Luck, apply one coat to the lettering.
14. Fire to cone 06.