- SB-100 16oz Mug
- SW-105 Frost Blue
- SW-206 Melon
- SW-305 Cobalt Wash
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- DSS-0116 Stylized
- Palette Knife
Designer: Carmen Allen
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- On a palette, with a palette knife, mix SW-305 Coblat with AC-310 Silkscreen and thicken to the consistency of peanut butter. If the mix is too thin, add more AC-230 Silkscreen Medium or if it is too thick, add more SW-305 Cobalt Wash. Too thin of a mixture will cause the image to bleed, and too thick of a mixture will not screen the image fully. For more information on mixing the medium go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXnf9TYeJN0
- Position the DSS-0116 Stylized screen on the middle section of the mug. Hold the screen in place while starting from the center of the image, rub the thickened SW-305 Cobalt Wash over the screen with a squeegee. Lift a corner of the screen to check if you're applying enough color. Quickly repeat this step around the entire middle section of the mug. Remove the screen and rinse to wash the screen; lay flat to dry. Do not let glaze dry onto the screen as it could damage.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of SW-105 Frost Blue to the top and bottom bands on the outside of the mug.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SW-206 Melon to the entire mug, leaving the bottom clean of glaze.
- If nessecary, use a damp sponge to wipe away any glaze from the foot of the mug.
- Place on a high fire kiln shelf, do not stilt and make sure the handle is facing inward.
- Fire to shelf cone 5/6.