- MB-1413 Sugar Skull Mug
- SC-15 Tuxedo, SC-33 Fruit of the Vine, SC-78 Lime Light, SC-82 Tuscan Red, FN-002 Yellow, S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing Glaze
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, DSS-116 Stylized, AC-310 Silkscreen Medium, RB-104 $4 Liner, CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Palette Knife, Palette
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place some SC-15 Tuxedo on a palette or tile and sprinkle some AC-310 Silkscreen Medium on top. Use a palette knife to mix color and medium to the consistency of thick peanut butter. If the mix is to thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if too thick add more Stroke and Coat. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give you black areas in your screen. You can also use SG-401 Black Designer Liner for more color saturation.
- Position the DSS-116 Stylized screen on the piece and hold in place, Starting in the center, rub the mixture onto the screen with your finger. Lift a corner up to check if you are applying enough color. Remove the screen and wash with water.
- How to use AC-310 Silkscreen Medium Video Link- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXnf9TYeJN0
- Use the RB-104 #4 Liner brush and SC-15 Tuxedo to puddle in the color for the heart-shaped nose and eyes.
- Use the dandelion puff from the Stylized screen to create the line from the nose.
- Use the same screen to overlap the circular pattern around the eyes, cheeks, forehead, and chin.
- Add the scrolls and leaves to add more design around the puffs.
- Allow the screened images to dry completely.
- Use the CB-604 #4 Soft Fan to apply 3 coats of FN-002 Yellow to the inside of the mug.
- Use Liner Brush to apply 1 coat of each of these colors to the piece: SC-33 Fruit of the Vine, SC-78 Lime Light, SC-82 Tuscan Red and FN-002 Yellow to apply 1 coat of color. Use your imagination to select which colors go where.
- Once those colors are dry, use the Soft Fan to apply 2 coats of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing Glaze.
- Fire to cone 06.