MB-1448 Dolphin Mug
- FN-041 Medium Blue
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-31 The Blues
- SC-60 Silver Lining
- SC-65 Peri-Twinkle
- S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- DSS-0131 Sea Life 2
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- Palette Knife
- Food Coloring
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Slightly thin FN-041 Medium Blue, pour inside the mug, turn to coat, pour out the excess glaze and drain.
3. Deepen the color of S-2101 Clear with food coloring on a palette, sprinkle AC-310 Silkscreen Medium into the clear and mix with a palette knife to the consistency of peanut butter. Use the dolphin screens from DSS-0131 Sea Life 2 with the shiny side down. Rub the thickened Clear over the screen on the mug. This is for color placement only.
4. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-60 Silver Lining to the dolphin body on the screened images and three coats on the handle.
5. Pencil in a water line. Use the Script Liner to apply three coats of SC-65 Peri-Twinkle to the water area. Shade the water line with SC-31 The Blues.
6. When the dolphins are dry, thicken SC-15 Tuxedo, as in step 3 (no clear glaze or food coloring). Place the dolphin screens over the previously screened images and rub the thickened SC-15 Tuxedo over the designs.
7. Use the Liner and SC-15 Tuxedo to outline the dolphin handle to separate the white belly from the gray.
8. Use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze to the outside of the mug and handle.
9. Fire to cone 06.