MB-1512 Handyman Mug - Hammer
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SG-402 White Designer Liner
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze or NT-BR Clear Brushing Glaze
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- DSS-0155 Comic Expressions
- RB-144 #4 Soft Fan
- RB-106 #6 Script Liner
- RB-110 10/0 Detail Liner
- ST-133 Wood Grain Stamp
- Sponge & Sponge-on-a-Stick
- Palette & Palette Knife
- Permanent Marker
1. Begin with properly fired cone 04 bisque. Moisten a sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Using the Soft Fan with SC-6 Sunkissed, apply 3 coats to the inside of the mug. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
3. Using the Soft Fan with SC-11 Blue Yonder, apply 3 coats to the outside of the mug. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
4. On the DSS-0155 Comic Expressions screen, locate the "Pow" and two quote bubble screens. Draw an outline around them in permanent marker. Cut them out with excess screen around the edges.
5. Squeeze about 2 TBS of SC-15 Tuxedo onto the palette. Add a pinch of AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Mix with a palette knife until it becomes the consistency of peanut butter. You may need to add more silkscreen medium or glaze.
6. Place the screens on the mug one at a time. While holding the screen firmly in place, take a small amount of premixed silkscreen medium, and gently rub in circles starting in the center and working outward. Slowly pull up the screen to avoid smearing.
7. Using the Detail Liner with SC-74 Hot Tamale and SC-6 Sunkissed, apply 2 coats to the "Pow" screen. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
8. Using the Script Liner with SC-6 Sunkissed, apply 3 coats to the handle of the hammer. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
9. Using the Script Liner with SC-74 Hot Tamale, apply 3 coats to the head of the hammer. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
10. Using the Script Liner with SC-15 Tuxedo, apply 2 coats to the head, claw and bottom attachment of the hammer. Make a dot on the top of the head.
11. Squeeze around 1 TBS of SC-15 Tuxedo onto the palette. Take ST-133 Wood Grain Stamp and place it design-side up. Take the sponge on a stick and gently dab it into the glaze. Blot off any excess onto the bare portion of the palette, then sponge the stamp. Take the stamp and gently press onto the handle of the hammer. Repeat around the handle.
11. Using the Detail Liner with SC-74 Hot Tamale, apply 1 coat to the "OMG".
12. Use SG-402 White to make dots on the outside of the cup. They should be staggered and larger towards the bottom.
13. Using the Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of NT-BR Clear Brushing Glaze or dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze.
14. Fire to cone 06.