- 6" Tile
- UG-50 Jet Black
- UG-51 China White
- UG-97 Bright Blue
- UG-203 Squash Yellow
- UG-207 Flame Red
- UG-218 Pear Green
- UG-219 Marine Blue
- S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- Plastic Card (old loyalty card or hotel room key)
- Pattern: Download
1. Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
2. Cut out the shape of the pear cactus and pot. Trace the outline onto the tile with pencil.
3. Use the Script Liner to apply one coat of UG-51 China White to the cactus and pot, going slightly past the pencil lines.
4. Re-wet the China White by brushing with water, then place the paper cut out onto the penciled area. Use a paper towel to remove excess water, smooth our any wrinkles and ensure the edges are sealed.
5. Pour some UG-203 Squash Yellow, UG-51 China White, and UG-207 Flame Red onto a tile.
6. Use the card to pick up China White and Squash Yellow. Holding the card almost flat against the tile, drag the color onto the piece. Repeat once. On the second coat, pick up the Squash Yellow and China White, then dot the color with UG-207 Flame Red. Repeat once.
7. Remove the paper.
8. Use the Script Liner to apply three coats of UG-218 Pear Green to the cactus. Apply three coats of UG-219 Marine Blue to the pot and shade with UG-97 Bright Blue.
9. Outline and detail the cactus and the pot with UG-50 Jet Black with the Liner.
10. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze to the pot and cactus.
11. Fire to cone 04.