- Last Updated: Wednesday, 14 October 2015 13:15
- MB-116 Casualware Dinner Plate, MB-115 Casualware Salad Plate, MB-113 Casualware Cereal Bowl, MB-145 Loop Handled Mug
- FN-32 Canton Jade, FN-45 Taupe
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, MC-001 6 mm (1/4") Low Tack Masking Tape, MC-002 12 mm (1/2") Low Tack Masking Tape
- Also try with Designer Stencils SL-441 Spots, SL-433 Crooked Lines
- 1" circle punch, 1/2" circle punch, Needle Tool, Paper
- Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust
- Apply 3 coats of FN-32 Canton Jade to the MB-116 Casualware Dinner Plate and the MB-113 Casualware Cereal Bowl using the CB-604 #4 Soft Fan Brush.
- Allow this to completely dry. Affix the MC-001 6 mm (1/4") Low Tack Masking Tape and MC-002 12 mm (1/2") Low Tack Masking Tape to the MB-116 Casualware Dinner Plate in a random stripe pattern. Make sure the tape is secure as this will act as a resist.
- Using Designer Stencils SL-441 Spots and SL-433 Crooked Lines will also produce the same effect. Be sure to have the Designer Stencil flush to the bisque surface when applying top color.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-45 Taupe to the front over the tape and bowl. When the shine of the glaze is gone, remove the tape.
- Once that is dry apply 3 coats to the back of the plate and bowl using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan.
- Apply 3 coats of FN-32 Canton Jade to the inside of the MB-145 Loop Handled Mug. Allow to dry completely.
- Apply 3 coats of FN-32 Canton Jade to the MB-115 Casualware Salad Plate and MB-145 Loop Handled Mug using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan.
- Use the 1" circle punch and 1/2" circle punch to cut out paper circles.
- Apply final coat of FN-32 Canton Jade to the front of the plate and outside of the mug and apply the circles in a pattern on the wet glaze. Use the image as a reference.
- Once that has dried, using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-45 Taupe to the front of the bowl and outside of the mug. When the shine of the glaze has gone remove the circles using a needle tool.
- Clean up any lines on all of the bisque pieces using a needle tool.
- Silt all pieces and fire to cone 06.