- Last Updated: Wednesday, 06 May 2015 19:56
- MB-1418 Dancing Vase, MB-1372 Dancing Container, MB-1373 Dancing Sugar Jar
- SC-15 Tuxedo, SC-23 Jack O'Lantern, SC-7 Leapin' Lizard, SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral, SC-10 Teal Next Time, SC-29 Blue Grass, SC-2 Melon-Choly, FN-042 Teal Blue, S-2101 Clear
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, AC-310 Silkscreen Medium, DSS-0108 Small Birds, CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, CB-106 #6 Script Liner, CB-404 #4 Pointed Round
- palette, palette knife, paper
- Download: Pattern
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Slightly thin FN-042 Teal Blue with water (3:1). Pour to the inside of each bisque shape, turning to coat. Pour out excess and keep inverted to drain until dry.
- Thin SC-10 Teal Next Time, same as above, for the vase and SC-29 Blue Grass for the sugar bowl and container. Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush over the pieces for a dripped effect. Fan to dry. Remove excess glaze, for antiqued appearance, with a damp BT-910 Synthetic Sponge.
- Pencil or trace on the pattern.
- Starting with the petals, load CB-106 #6 Script Liner with SC-23 Jack O'Lantern. Tip the brush in SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral and press to begin the stroke at the center of the flower. Pull the stroke to form the petal, lifting the brush to form a point at the end. All the petals are formed with this "press, pull and lift" stroke. Apply 2 coats to each petal. The brush plays a major role in brushwork. Continue to stroke in petals on the vase and sugar bowl. The container's petals are made with the brush loaded with SC-2 Melon-choly and tipped with SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral.
- Brush the centers with 2 coats of SC-7 Leapin' Lizard with the CB-106 #6 Script Liner, floating in SC-10 Teal Next Time at the lower edge of the centers.
- The stems and leaves are stroked with SC-7 Leapin' Lizard, then shaped with SC-10 Teal Next Time and SC-29 Blue Grass, using CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner for the stems and CB-106 #6 Script Liner for the leaves.
- For the bird on the vase and sugar bowl, thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium on a palette using a palette knife. Should be the consistency of peanut butter. Hold the screen with the shiny side down, rub the thickened mix over the screen, only a partial bird is used.
- Make small dots scattered around the flowers and leaves as shown. Use a pencil tip or the end of a small brush with SC-15 Tuxedo, for the flower centers.
- Use CB-404 #4 Pointed Round to make the small flowers scattered on the pieces. Load the brush with SC-7 Leapin' Lizard, tip with SC-29 Blue Grass. Press and lift the brush around the dots, for a five petal flower.
- Outline everything using CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner and SC-15 Tuxedo. Make small dotted lines in the centers and make the stamens with the liner. (SG-401 Black Designer Liner can also be used with the brush to outline).
- Once dry, using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush the exteriors with 2 coats of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing.
- Fire to cone 05/06.