- Last Updated: Monday, 14 September 2015 16:18
- MB-110- Ruffle Ware Mug, MB-111 Ruffle Ware Bowl, MB-106 Ruffle Ware Salad Plate, MB-107 Ruffle Ware Dinner Plate
- FN-007 Green, FN-50 Coral, FN-52 Tangerine, SC-14 java Bean, SC-15 Tuxedo
- DSS-0113 Designer Silkscreen-Bugs, AC-310 Silkscreen Medium, RB-144 4 Soft Fan, AC-212 Sponge Stick Med, SL-439 Hexagons, BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Palette or Tile, Palette Knife
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using the RB-144 4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-007 Green to the back and rim of the salad and dinner plate. You will do the same for the inside of the bowl and mug.
- Using the RB-144 4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-52 Tangerine to the outside of the bowl and mug. Apply the same color to the rim of the salad plate and the inside of the dinner plate.
- Using the RB-144 4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-50 Coral to the inside of the salad plate. Use the same color to apply 3 coats to the top of the dinner plate rim, inside of the salad plate, and handle of the mug.
- Allow the glazes to completely dry before moving onto the next step.
- Apply the SL-439 Hexagons pattern to the FN-52 Tangerine surfaces in a sporadic manner using the AC-212 Sponge Stick Medium. Do not worry about completely filling in the whole stencil.
- Place some SC-15 Tuxedo on a palette or tile and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife mix color and medium to the consistency of thick peanut butter. If the mix is to thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if to thick add more Stroke & Coat. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give you blank areas in your screen. You can also use SG-401 Black Designer Liner for more color saturation.
- Using the bee from DSS-0113 Designer Silkscreen-Bugs, position the screen on the piece. Hold in place, starting from the center out, rub the mixture on the screen with your finger. Lift a corner up to check if you are applying enough color. Remove the screen and wash with water. Do not let the color dry in the screen. This will cause damage to the screen.
- How to use AC-310 Silkscreen Medium Video Link-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXnf9TyeJN0
- Apply the bee screen sporadically around the hexagons.
- Stilt and fire to cone 06.