- Last Updated: Monday, 25 March 2019 17:00
- MB-1116 Causualware Dinner Plate
- SC-14 Java Bean
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-25 Crackerjack Brown
- SC-86 Old Lace
- FN-015 Brick Red
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- DSS-0144 Background Script
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Bamboo Skewer
- Palette Knife
- AC-310 Clay Carbon Paper
- Pattern: Download
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Brush two coats of SC-86 Old Lace with CB-604 Soft Fan to the top of the plate.
3. Using the AC-310 Clay Carbon paper trace on the pattern. You only need the outline of the fur and not each line.
4. Use CB-106 Script Liner to brush the dark fur on the body with two coats of SC-15 Tuxedo. Using the CB-106 Script liner use a press and lift to create the wispy hairs on the edge of the Hedgehog.
5. Using the CB-106 Script Liner randomly shade the plate and the hedgehog with thinned SC-25 Crackerjack Brown. Refer to the image for placement.
6. Thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium using a palette knife. Should be the consistency of peanut butter. Use DSS-0144 Background Script with the shiny side down, use a rubber squeegee to push the thickened Tuxedo over the screen. Screen the background and the belly of the hedgehog. See the Mayco Channel on YouTube for a demonstration on how to mix the glaze and apply a silkscreen.
7. Brush the black fur area with a combination of SC-14 Java Bean and SC-25 Crackerjack Brown, one heavy coat. While the glaze is damp, use the bamboo skewer to scratch in fur lines, take care to take off the brown to let the black show.
8. Apply SC-16 Cotton Tail to the eyes, then SC-15 Tuxedo for the pupils. Use CB-110 Liner.
9. Thin SC-15 Tuxedo to make a checkerboard pattern in the tie, use CB-110 Liner. Use the liner to detail fur around the ears, and mouth and eyes. Brush in the nose with strokes of SC-15 Tuxedo.
10. Float SC-14 Java Bean around the ears and the bottom of the hedgehog's body. Use the Liner to add brushstrokes of SC-15 Tuxedo to the ears.
11. Using the CB-604 Soft Fan Brus apply three coats of FN-015 Brick Red to the back of the plate.
12. Fire to cone 05/06.