- Last Updated: Wednesday, 11 July 2018 19:20
- MB-1318 Ice Cream Cone Cookie Jar
- FN-001 White
- FN-014 Antique White
- SC-25 Crackerjack Brown
- SC-48 Camel Back
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping or S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- AC-223 Large Writer Tip & Bottle
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Banding/Decorating Wheel
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
2. Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of FN-001 White to the ice cream section of the cookie jar. Note that there is a section of ice cream on the base of the jar. When the third coat of White is wet, center the lid on a banding wheel. Slightly thin SC-97 Cant-elope and pour into a Writer Bottle. Squeeze slightly thinned color onto the wet glaze in a spiral. Practice first to make sure the Cant-elope is thin enough to break up on the wet glaze. You can also have a mix of thinned White glaze in a squeeze bottle to squeeze over the Cant-elope in case it is too heavy.
3. Repeat for the section of ice cream on the base of the jar. Clean off any glaze that drips on the cone.
4. Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of FN-014 Antique White to the cone portion of the jar. Note: The next step requires the third coat of color to be wet.
5. Cut a section of cheesecloth to fit around the bottom of the cone, wet with water, open it up and place it into the third coat of FN-014 Antique White. Apply a thin coat of Antique White over the cheesecloth.
6. After the glaze loses its shine, use the Soft Fan to apply two thinned coats of SC-25 Crackerjack Brown over the cheesecloth. Remove the cheesecloth after the last coat loses its gloss.
7. Use the Script Liner to shade the sections of the bottom of the cone with SC-48 Camel Back to give it depth.
8. Use the Script Liner to shade into the swirls of the lid with SC-97 Cant-elope.
9. Clear Glaze Option 1: Dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze. Option 2: Use the Soft Fan to apply one coat of S-2101 Clear to the outside of the base. Thin the Clear to pour to the inside of the base.
10. Fire to cone 06.