- Last Updated: Monday, 01 October 2018 14:28
MB-1472 Rustic Ware Pitcher
CG-977 Ink Spot
CB-220 Detail Liner
CB-406 Pointed Round
CB-604 Soft Fan
BC-901 Synthetic Sponge
1" Blue Masking Tape
Plastic Mixing cup
- Use a damp BC-901 Sponge to wipe down the piece. Check the insides of the pieces and remove any debris using a damp sponge as well.
- Use the pencil to draw a line around the pitcher approximately two inches from the top. Use the blue masking tape to tape off the bottom portion of the pitcher and handle. Use several short pieces of tape to complete the straight line around the piece due to the curvature of the pitcher. Repeat this taping procedure on the tumbler about 1" from the top edge. Make sure the top edge of the tape firmly adheres to the ware.
- In a plastic mixing cup thin about 2 oz. of FN-005 Pink with water to a melted ice cream consistency for rolling the glaze to the inside of the pitcher. Pour the thinned FN-005 Pink inside the pitcher. While working quickly, rotate the color to completely cover the inside. Pour out the excess color and invert to drain. Use a damp sponge to remove any color from the outside of the pitcher.
- Using CB-604 Soft Fan and CB-406 Pointed Round to apply 3 coats of FN-005 Pink to the top marked off portions of the pitcher. After the third coat of color has lost its sheen and started to dry, remove the tape from the ware. If the glaze is allowed to completely dry, chipping of the color can occur.
- Shake and stir CG-977 Ink Spots. To the unpainted bottom portions of the pitcher apply 2-3 coats of CG-977 Ink Spots to the ware using CB-604 Soft Fan and CB-604 Pointed Round. Make sure the two glazes meet along the pink glaze edge. Evenly disperse the crystal in the glaze as you apply it to the ware. You are striving for an uniform placement of the crystals. Use the brushes to push and place the crystals while the glaze is wet.
- Trace or freehand the word "Fresh" in the center middle of the pink trim on the pitcher. Use SC-15 Tuxedo to paint in the lettering with CB-220 Detail Liner.
- Stilt and Fire the pieces to Shelf Cone 05-06.