MB-1472 Rustic Pitcher
- EL-144 Dark Amethyst
- SC-13 Grapel
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-33 Fruit of the Vine
- RB-144 #4 Soft Fan
- RB-106 #6 Script Liner
- RB-110 #10/0 Liner
- Flower Pattern: Download (Adobe PDF)
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Slightly thin EL-144 Dark Amethyst. Pour inside the pitcher, turn to coat, pour out the excess glaze and drain.
- Cut out the flower pattern. Trace around the edges of the pattern, pencil in the center circle, the flower petals and the stem that overlaps the second flower.
- Use the Script Liner to apply two or three coats of SC-13 Grapel to the petals, mixing in SC-33 Fruit of the Vine to add color variation. Brush past the pencil line at the edge of the petals as it will make it easier to apply the pattern later. Apply two or three coats of SC-33 Fruit of the Vine to the stem. Lighten SC-13 Grapel with SC-16 Cotton Tail and apply in the center of the flowers.
- When the flowers are still damp, hold the cut pattern over the painted flowers. Apply a coat of water under the paper, then press the paper onto the pitcher so it adheres to the glaze. Don't worry if the glaze is showing past the paper as this will create a more interesting look after firing.
- Use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of EL-144 Dark Amethyst to outside of the pitcher, going over the edges of the paper. When applying the glaze, brush different directions to allow the brushstrokes to show.
- Remove the paper.
- Use the Liner with SC-15 Tuxedo to outline and add veins to the flower petals. For the flower centers, use the end of a straw the circular shapes, or, use the Designer Liner to create circles.
- Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of EL-144 Dark Amethyst over the lower flower. This will make the flower look like a shadow.
- Fire to cone 06.