MB-1307 Handled Platter
- FN-032 Canton Jade
- FN-053 Mint
- FN-009 Black
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-28 Blue Isle
- SC-27 Sour Apple
- SC-52 Toad-ily Green
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- DSS-0148 Sea Life 3 XL
- DSS-0153 Farmhouse
- MT-013 Honeycomb Mat
- MT-012 Ikat Mat
- MT-001 Flower Branch Mat
- RB-#10/0 110 Liner
- RB-106 #6 Script Liner
- RB-140 #8 Soft Fan
- Palette Knife
- Pattern: Download
- Begin with properly fired cone 04 bisque. Moisten a sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of FN-032 Canton Jade onto the front of the platter. Let dry.
- Use the sponge-on-a-stick to apply SC-28 Blue Isle to the MT-013 Honeycomb Mat then press to the inside of the platter. Tip: It is not necessary to get the entire press. Allowing the stamped image to have uneven edges or open spaces will add a rustic look to the design.
- Squeeze about 2 TBS of SC-15 Tuxedo onto a palette. Add a pinch of AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Mix with a palette knife to create the consistency of peanut butter.
- Place the crab silkscreen (shiny side down) from DSS-0148 Sea Life 3 XL on the platter. While holding the screen firmly in place, take a small amount of premixed silkscreen medium and gently rub in circles starting in the center and working outward. Slowly pull up the screen to avoid smearing.
- Use the Script Liner to fill in the crab silkscreen with one coat of SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of FN-009 Black to the back of the platter.
- Use the Clay Carbon Paper to trace the words "Walk This Way" onto the piece. Use the Liner to apply one coat of SC-15 Tuxedo to fill in the words.
- Fire to cone 05/06
- Follow the directions above using FN-053 Mint for the top of the background color on the front of the platter.
- Use a mix of SC-27 Sour Apple and SC-52 Toad-ily Green for the mat stamping.