Patience, and a lot of masking tape, are needed for this project
- MB-1334 Tall Pitcher Vase
- SC-10 Teal Next Time
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-23 Jack O'Lantern
- SC-46 Rawhide
- SC-70 Pink-A-Dot
- SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral
- SC-94 Curry Around
- CB-106 - #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- Small Cup
- ⅛" Masking Tape
- Banding Wheel (optional)
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place a small amount of FN-001 White into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it (about 3 parts glaze and 1 part water). It should be the consistency of a coffee cream. Pour this into the pitcher and roll around to completely coat the interior of the pitcher. Drain out the excess glaze and keep pitcher inverted until it has lost its shine. Wipe off any glaze from the outside using a damp sponge. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-001 to the outside of the pitcher. Allow to dry.
- Start taping in the lengthwise direction. Try to keep the tape straight as possible. Space at the neck will be the smallest distance apart while the space at the bottom is the widest.
- The tape is spaced approximately ⅜" apart at the bottom and ⅛" apart at the neck.
- For the horizontal lines, space about ⅜", narrowing at the neck and top. You can eye ball it or pencil in lines using a banding wheel.
- Find the horizontal row that is closest to the middle and apply 2 coats of SC-70 Pink-A-Dot using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner to that row.
- Feel free to change the color patterns. The glazes used here are as follows: two rows of SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral on each side of the SC-70 Pink-A-Dot stripe; one row of SC-88 Tu Tu Tango, two rows of SC-94 Curry Around two rows of SC-23 Jack O’ Lantern, one row of SC-46 Rawhide, two rows of SC-11 Blue Yonder, and the last rows with SC-10 Teal Next Time.
- Remove the tape, starting with the horizontal tape first.
- If wet color seeps into the white line spaces use a scraping tool to remove. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 05/06.