- Last Updated: Thursday, 30 May 2013 19:47
- MB-1044 5" Flower Pot
- MB-1366 Bottle Cap
- SC-12 Moody Blue
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- FN-001 White
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- 1½" Star Paper Punch
- ¾" Paper Punch
- Plain Paper
- ½" Masking Tape
- 5 Minute Epoxy
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Find the center of the inside of the bottle cap, place the planter in the center and mark a pencil line around where the planter touches the bottle cap. This will be the area to glue the pieces together.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-001 White to the bottle cap and the planter, except the area the pieces will be glued after firing.
- With ½” Masking Tape, tape off 6 inches of the cake plate top. (Bottle Cap)
- On the short side of the tape, wet the glaze in sections with a little water then place in the 1½" paper star. Arrange the stars in rows. About 19 stars. Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SC-12 Moody Blue over the stars and over the taped edge.
- Remove the paper stars and the tape after the third coat.
- While the top is drying, work on the planter, which will be the base of the cake plate.
- Place on the paper stars in vertical rows or in a random pattern and proceed as above.
- When the bottle cap has dried it can be re-taped for a straight edge. Tape on the blue side of the flag.
- Make 1½" taped stripes; tape over to the edge of bottle cap. Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to the area. Remove the tape.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06/05.
- Use 5 Minute Epoxy to glue the base to the top.