Use this pattern on all sorts of bisque service ware.
- MB-1163 - Rectangle Tray
- SC-15 - Tuxedo
- SC-22 - Carrot Top
- SC-34 - Down to Earth
- SC-73 - Candy Apple Red
- SC-74 - Hot Tamale
- SP-216 - Speckled Cotton Tail
- AC-222 - Medium Writer Tip
- AC-230 - Clay Carbon Paper
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- CB-618 - #8 Soft Fan
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Load CB-618 #8 Soft Fan and apply 3 coats of SP-216 Speckled Cotton Tail to the entire piece. Allow to dry.
- With the AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper and pencil transfer the design onto the ware.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan loaded with SC-22 Carrot Top, quickly paint in the basic shapes of the lobster with 1 coat of color. You want to be able to see your brush strokes. Do not paint over the lines.
- Reload the brush with SC-22 Carrot Top and tip one side of the brush with SC-73 Candy Apple Red. Repaint the lobster reinforcing the previous coat of color. Use the darker color to give shape and depth to the lobster with this coat of color. Allow to dry.
- Using the AC-222 Medium Writer Tip with SC-74 Hot Tamale, outline the lobster and add detail as quickly as possible. The quicker you do the outlining the more variation and character you give the detailing. Vary the width, length and types of lines that you detail the pattern with. Allow to dry.
- Using the AC-222 Medium Writer with SC-34 Down to Earth, detail the netting in the pattern. Notice that there are double lines for each line as well as 3 or 4 to the edge of the net. Allow to dry.
- Using the AC-222 Medium Writer Tip with SC-15 Tuxedo re-detail the pattern as before. Keep the lines off of the previous detailing if possible. Vary the lines again like before. The black color will also tie all of the pattern together. Use the black to give weight to the object as you detail the pattern. This color reinforces the previous detailing. Add small dots of SC-15 Tuxedo to the cross sections in the net. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf Cone 06