Butterfly bisque and designs.
- MB-1185 - Butterfly Dish - Large
- FN-001 - White
- SC-27 - Sour Apple
- SC-39 - Army Surplus
- SC-55 - Yella Bout It
- SC-70 - Pink-A-Dot
- SC-85 - Orkid
- AC-213 - Sponge on a Stick - 1¼"Diameter
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-106 - #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- ST-100 - Game Board
- Copy Paper
- Straight Pin
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-001 White to the inside of the Butterfly Tray.
- Cut out flower and leaf shapes from plain paper. Wet and place in position inside of the tray as shown.
- Thin some SC-27 Sour Apple and SC-55 Yella Bout It. Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush on these two colors to the inside of the tray over the paper flowers, leaving some places with more of the yellow color blending into the thinned green color. Wipe back any drips.
- When the color has dried, use a pin to peel off the paper flowers and leaves.
- Cut the centers out of the flowers and place the paper centers back on the flowers.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner to stroke in 2 coats of SC-70 Pink-A-Dot petals on the flowers. Remove the paper centers and brush the centers with 2 coats of SC-55 Yella Bout It. Float some thinned SC-39 Army Surplus in the flower's centers.
- Thin SC-39 Army Surplus and float the color into the leaves, leaving a white edge around the leaf where it meets with the flower petals.
- Dot SC-85 Orkid around the flower's centers with the end of the bush handle.
- Stamp the background with a mix of SC-27 Sour Apple and a little SC-39 Army Surplus to darken. Using the AC-213 Sponge on a Stick load the sponge with the mixed color. Tap the mixed color onto the ST-100 Game Board Stamp then press the stamp gently onto the piece. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SC-27 Sour Apple on the back of the tray. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.