- MB-101 Coupe Salad Plate
- SC-2 Melon-Choly
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-20 Birthday Suit
- SC-24 Dandelion
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- FN-001 White
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze or S-2101 CLear Brushing Glaze
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- DSS-0133 Merry Christmas
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- Palette Knife
- Food Coloring
- Pattern: Download
1. Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
2. Use the Santa face pattern provided or make your own by screening the Santa Face screen from DSS-0133 Merry Christmas on paper, then make a copy.
3. Use the CB-604 #4 Soft Fan to apply two coats of FN-001 White to the front of the plate.
4. Cut out the Santa pattern, brush a coat of water to the plate and place the paper Santa face onto the plate. Use a paper towel to remove excess water and smooth out the paper.
5. Cut strips of raffia for rays, so they are larger than space requires. Some need to be split as they may be too wide.
6. Work in sections so the glaze stays wet. Re-apply FN-001 White then place the raffia pieces into the wet glaze in the direction as shown in the photo. Leave spaces between the raffia.
7. Use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of SC-24 Dandelion (near the Santa Face) and SC-97 Cant-elope (around the edges) over the rafia background. Brush over the paper edges.
8. Remove the raffia and paper pattern when the gloss is gone from the second coat.
9. Use a palette knife to mix S-2101 Clear (or FN-001 White) with food coloring and AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to create a tinted clear (or tinted white) to the consistency of peanut butter. Place the Santa Face screen from DSS-0133 Merry Christmas in the space of the pattern. With the shiny side down, rub the tinted clear over the screen for a painting pattern. Remove the screen and gently clean.
10. Use the CB-106 #6 Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-20 Birthday Suit to the skin. Apply SC-2 Melon-Choly over the wet Birthday Suite onto the tip of the nose, cheeks, and lip.
11. Apply two coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to the hat. Let dry.
12. Thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium using a palette knife. Place the screen directly over the previously screened image and rub the thickened Tuxedo over the screen. Some touch up may be required. Use the CB-110 #10/0 Liner to fill in any lines or touch up the design.
13. Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to the back of the plate.
14. Dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze or use the Soft Fan to apply one coat of S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze to the front of the plate.
15. Fire to cone 05/06.