- MB-1352 6" x 6" Clay Canvas
- FN-001 White Foundations
- SC-2 Melon-Choly
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-27 Sour Apple
- SC-29 Blue Grass
- SC-78 Lime Light
- SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- DSS-0103 Flourishes
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Liquid Dish Soap
- Plastic Cup
- Plastic Card
- Bamboo Skewer
- Pattern: Download
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
2. Cut out pattern and keep the negative of the paper.
3. Place pattern onto the clay canvas and trace the outline of the ornament.
4. Use the Script to apply one coat of FN-001 White to the ornament, going slightly past the outline.
5. Wet the paper ornament and place onto the painted area. Gently press the paper to ensure edges are sealed.
6. Use a plastic card to drag the following colors to the left side of the canvas: SC-2 Melon-Choly, SC-45 My Blue Heaven and SC-78 Lime Light. In the same manner, apply the following colors to the right side of the canvas: SC-2 Melon-Choly, SC-27 Sour Apple, SC-29 Blue Grass and SC-45 My Blue Heaven. Colors should overlap in the center. Tip: Since SC-2 and SC-45 appear on both sides, apply those colors first and allow them to overlap. You will apply two coats of each color.
7. Remove the paper ornament. Use the bamboo skewer if needed to lift the edge.
8. Use the Soft Fan to apply one thin layer of SC-78 Lime Light around the ornament.
9. Place the negative of the paper cutout on the canvas.
10. Bubble SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral and SC- 29 Blue Grass onto the ornament. Bubble Mixture: In a plastic cup combine 2 tablespoons of Stroke & Coat with 1 tablespoon of water and 1 drop of liquid dish soap. Mix the components and blow bubbles with the straw. Allow bubbles to spill out of the cup onto the ornament.
11. Use a palette knife to mix a bit of AC-310 Silkscreen Medium with SC-29 Blue Grass to the consistency of peanut butter. Use the design of your choice from DSS-0103 Flourishes silkscreen onto the ornament.
12. Use the Liner to outline the ornament using SC-29 Blue Grass. Fill in the small band at the bottom of the ornament with the same color. Use SC-15 Tuxedo to add a string and detail to the ornament cap.
13. Use the Script Liner to float SC-29 Blue Grass onto the edges of the canvas.
14. Use the Soft Fan to apply three coats of SC-29 Blue Grass to the sides of the canvas.
15. Stilt and fire to cone 06.