- MB-882 Rectangle Tray
- SG-401 Black Designer Liner
- SG-403 Red Designer Liner
- SG-406 Brown Designer Liner
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing
- FN-009 Black Foundations
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 Soft Fan
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Pattern: Spider
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Mositen a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Trace pattern on by placing a sheet of AC-230 Clay Carbon Tracing Paper under your pattern. Or you can hand draw if you like.
- Outline the tree branch with SG-406 Brown Designer Liner. Work your way from the left side of the design to the right.
- Use the SG-401 Black Designer Liner to outline the spider. Work your way from the inner body to the legs. Avoid getting color in the "hour glass" area.
- Add SG-403 Red Designer Liner to the "hour glass" area on the spider's back.
- If you missed outlining any traced lines - they will burn out during firing and remain in the final design. Allow to dry
- Flip plate over and glaze the back with FN-009 Black Foundations using a Fan Glaze brush. You will need two heavy coats or three medium coats making sure each coat sets up before applying the next coat. Allow to dry
- Flip plate over to see your spider design and make sure it is completely dry. Apply two coats of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing over the entire front of this plate making sure not to disturb the spider or tree branch when brushing. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to a witness cone 05 / 06.