- MB-1404 Can-It Gallon
- SC-9 Jaded
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-28 Blue Isle
- SC-10 Teal Next Time
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- FN-009 Black
- SS-81 Shimmering Silver
- AC-310 Silk Screen Medium
- DSS-0114 Creepy
- DSS-0118 Halloween
- DSS-0110 Botanical - Trees
- AC-213 Lg. Sponge on a Stick
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Cut out the circle pattern. Trace circle, centered between the handle knobs. Draw an additional 1" boarder around the circle
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2-3 coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail in the center of the circle towards the edge. For the outside edge of the circle, add SC-9 Jaded to half of the CB-604 Fan and half with SC-16 Cotton Tail. With the SC-9 Jaded side towards the edge of the circle, brush to fade the Cotton Tail color to the middle. Allow glaze to lose its shine between coats.
- Cut out the Harvester image. Wet the circle paper pattern with water and place it on top of the inner circle. Wet the Harvester pattern and place it on center of the circle. Press down both circle and Harvester pattern firmly, with a dry BT-910 Synthetic sponge.
- Using the CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush SC-9 Jaded circularly around the circle pattern. Moving outward, alternate to SC-28 Blue Isle, then to SC-10 Teal Next Time, fading one color into the next. Apply 2-3 coats. Allow glaze to lose its shine between coats.
- On the reversed side of the bisque, using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush in a circular direction beginning in the center. Begin with SC-16 Cotton Tail and add SC-9 Jaded to the edge of CB-604 #4 Soft Fan. Fading SC-16 Cotton Tail into SC-9 Jaded, continue with fading SC-9 Jaded into SC-28 Blue Isle and again with SC-28 Blue Isle into SC-10 Teal Next Time to deepen the fade. Apply 3 coats. Allow glaze to lose its shine between coats.
- Cut a 16" length piece of eyelash yarn. Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of SC-9 Jaded around the circle pattern, overlapping the paper. Before the glaze dries, with the bond edge of the eyelash yarn inward, lay the threads of the yarn into the SC-9 Jaded painted area around the circle.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush 1 coat of SC-9 Jaded over the yarn. Allow glaze to dry. To speed the drying process, place a paper towel over the yarn and press down lightly to pick up the excess glaze. Carefully remove paper towel without lifting the yarn.
- Slightly darken SC-10 Teal Next Time with SC-15 Tuxedo. Using the AC-213 Large Sponge on a Stick, sponge on the color mixture over top of the yarn. Carefully remove yarn after desired amount of glaze is applied.
- Remove paper patterns.
- To a consistency of peanut butter, mix SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium with a palette knife. Screen the Skull Gatherer from DSS-0114 Creepy, aligning to previously traced area. To screen, rub the thickened SC-15 Tuxedo over the screen with your finger. Wash or lay screens in water after screening.
- Using same mixture from above, screen the tree (from DSS-0118 Halloween) on both sides of the Skull Gatherer.
- Tip: Change the height of the tree or add more branches easily. First, start at the bottom of MB-1404 Can-It Gallon screening part of the tree trunk, then lift the screen, add more of the trunk and screen the remainder of the branches. Using this same technique, additional branches can be added, if desired.
- Screen the grass from DSS-110 Botanical - Trees at the bottom of the bisque, below the Skull Gatherer and Trees.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-009 Black to the inside of MB-1404 Can-It Gallon. Allow glaze to lose its shine between coats.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-10 Teal Next Time to the rim and bottom of the bisque.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06/05.
- Brush SS-81 Shimmering Silver to top and bottom rims of the can. With water, brush away some of the SS-81 Shimmering Silver for the SC-10 Teal Next Time to show through.
- Cut a hanger with metal wire cutters. Bend around a circle object and turn in the ends with pliers. Brush with the SS-81 Shimmering Silver.
- Tip: Watch this video to see how Marcia repurposes a wire hanger for the handle to MB-1404 Can-It Gallon!