- CD-1146 - Large Gourd
- FN-002 - Yellow
- FN-003 - Orange
- FN-009 - Black
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- Exacto Knife
- Small Clean-up Tool
- Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Skill Level: Basic
- Time - Casting & Carving: 2 hours
- Time - Decorating: 1 hour
- Begin by casting the CD-1146 Large Gourd mold. Remove from the mold.
- While still in the leather hard state, sketch on the pumpkin face and a wavey line around the top.
- Using a X-Acto knife, cut out the pumpkin face and around the wavy line to make a top.
- When cutting the top angle, use the X-Acto blade to cut on an angle so the top will not slide off. Optional: Cut a hole in the back to be able to light it up.
- Allow to completely dry.
- Clean the greenware using a small clean-up tool and a sponge, being careful around the cut outs. Bisque fire the piece to Shelf cone 04.
- Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-002 Yellow to the inside of the pumpkin gourd. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-003 Orange to the oustide of the pumpkin body.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-009 Black to the top of the gourd. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.