Add dimension to your night and day with this Stroke & Coat and Accents tray.
- MB-1163 - Rectangle Tray
- FN-009 - Black
- SC-5 - Tiger Tail
- SC-6 - Sunkissed
- SC-27 - Sour Apple
- SC-39 - Army Surplus
- SC-75 - Orange-A-Peel
- SC-76 - Cara-bein Blue
- CB-106 - #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Skill Level: Basic
- Time: 1 hour
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Referring to photo, use a pencil to sketch on the design.
- Outline the flowers and the leaves with the SA-002 Black.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 3 coats of SC-76 Cara-bein Blue to the blue (night) side of the tray. Leave a small space of bisque around the flower and the leaf design.
- Thin SC-6 Sunkissed and float the color into the petals on the day side of the tray. Float SC-27 Sour Apple into the leaves on same side of the tray.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply a combination of SC-27 Sour Apple and SC-75 Orange-A-Peel on to the center of the flower.
- On the blue (night) side of the tray, using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner float thinned SC-5 Tiger Tail into the petals and thinned SC-39 Army Surplus into the leaves.
- Using SA-001 Red, mimic the shapes of the leaves and the flower to fill in the background on the day side, make dots in the center of the night flower.
- Dot the night side with SA-003 White.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-009 Black to the back of the tray.
- Apply Clear Glaze of choice to the top of the tray.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.