- MB-1410 Button Up Box
- CC-101 Transparent Crackle
- CC-108 China Sea
- SG-401 Black
- SG-404 Blue
- SG-408 Orange
- SG-409 Bright Green
- SS-138 Flat Black
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Jute String
- Circle shape - 2 1/2" diameter
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a 2 1/2" diameter circle, trace seven, 2 1/2" circles on the lid, evenly spaced as shown.
- With a pencil, draw two spirals inside the previously traced circles.
- Using SG-401 Black, outline the traced circles. Also using SC-401 Black to the large circle indent on the top of the MB-1410 Button Box lid.
- Using SG-404 Blue, outline the drawn spiral shapes.
- Using SG-409 Bright Green, create dots in the negative space surrounding the 2 1/2" circles, as shown.
- Using SG-408 Orange, create dots around the swirl shapes. Allow to dry completely.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of CC-108 China Sea to the center of the lid. Also apply 3 coats to the interior and exterior of the bottom of the MB-1410 Button Box. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of CC-101 Transparent Crackle on the rim of the lid. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
- Clean glaze out the button holes on the lid.
- Stilt the lid and bottom and fire to cone 06/05.
- Slightly thin SS-138 Flat Black with water (1:1). Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush the thinned SS-138 Flat Black over the fired CC-101 Transparent Crackle and wipe away the excess with a paper towel.
- Thread Jute through and attached to the button holes.