- MB-1410 Button Up Box
- CC-101 Transparent Crackle
- CC-102 White Crackle
- SG-402 White
- SG-408 Orange
- SG-409 Bright Green
- SG-410 Bright Blue
- SS-138 Flat Black
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-404 #4 Pointed Round
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Jute String
- Various Circle shapes (1 3/4" and 1 1/4" used)
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a 1 3/4" diameter circle, trace circles on the lid, evenly spaced as shown. Trace a 1 1/4" diameter circle inside previously traced circle. And finally, trace a 1" circle inside the previously traced circle.
- Using a 1 1/4" diameter circle, trace circles above and inbetween previously traced circles. With a pencil, draw two spirals inside the previously traced circles.
- Using SG-409 Bright Green, outline the largest (1 3/4") circles. Also apply dots around the large, indented circle on the lid of MB-1410 Button box.
- Using SG-410 Bright Blue, outline the mid-sized (1 1/4") circles.
- Draw lines using SG-409 Bright Green to connect the bright green circle to the bright blue circle, as shown.
- Thin SC-410 Bright Blue with water (3:1). Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, float the thinned SG-410 Bright Blue along the previously outlined lines.
- Apply dots of SG-402 White on top of Bright Blye floated areas.
- Using SG-409 Bright Green, outling the smallest (1") circles.
- Using SG-410 Bright Blue, outline the circles above and inbetween the largest circles.
- Using SG-408 Orange, float inbetween the large Bright Green circles, as shown. Apply dots in a line to the center in the circles.
- In the middle of the smallest circles, make three pressure brush strokes using CB-404 #4 Pointed Round with SG-408 Orange. Dot the center of the brush strokes with SG-410 bright Blue.
- Slightly thin SG-409 Bright Green with water (3:1). Float the thinned SG-409 Bright Green in the space in between the dotted circle and the bright blue outlined circle, as shown. Let dry completely.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of CC-102 White Crackle to in the inner section of the lid (inside the dotted area). Allow glaze to dry between coats.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of CC-101 Transparent Crackle to the edge of the rim (over top the decorated area). Allow glaze to dry between coats.
- Stilt the lid and bottom and fire to cone 06/05.
- Slightly thin SS-138 Flat Black with water (1:1). Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush the thinned SS-138 Flat Black over the fired CC-101 Transparent Crackle and wipe away the excess with a paper towel.
- Thread Jute through and attached to the button holes.