Create your own desk set with Foundations, Stroke & Coat and Cobblestone.
- MB-1323 Book Vase
- FN-009 Black
- FN-203 Dry Champagne
- SC-14 Java Bean
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-25 Crackerjack Brown
- SC-81 Cinnamon Stick
- SG-201 Black Cobblestone
- AC-213 Sponge on a Stick
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- ST-338 Deco Diamonds Stamp
- Designer: Jon Dean
- Skill Level: Basic
- Time: 1½ hours
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-203 Dry Champagne to the pages of the book.
- Using a CB-604 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-009 Black to the jacket and spine of the book.
- While the FN-009 Black is still damp, using a CB-604 Soft Fan, apply 1 liberal coat of SG-201 over the FN-009 Black.
- When the shine is off of the SG-201 Black Cobblestone use a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan to apply an irregular coat of the following colors to one book vase; SC-25 Crackerjack Brown, the second book vase SC-81 Cinnamon Stick and the third book vase SC-14 Java Bean. The goal is to apply one coat over the SG-201 Black Cobblestone to change the color from black to the Stroke & Coat color. The cobblestone will give the illusion of leather. Allow to dry.
- Using the AC-213 Sponge on a Stick load the sponge with SC-15 Tuxedo. Tap the SC-15 Tuxedo onto the ST-338 Deco Diamonds Stamp then press the stamp gently onto the spine of each book. Allow to dry.
- Do Not Clear Glaze.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.