- MB-1359 Dragon
- UG-85 Orange Sorbet
- UG-94 Pansy Purple
- UG-203 Squash Yellow
- UG-206 Fire Engine Red
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing
- CB-220 #2 Detail Liner
- CB-404 #4 Pointed Round
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponges
- Green Scotchbrie Cleaning Pad
- Paper Towels
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3-4 coats of UG-206 Fire Engine Red to the entire dragon allowing proper drying time between coats.
- Cut a wedge from the sponge, about ¼ of it. Moisten the sponge with water and squeeze out excess water. Load the sponge in UG-85 Orange Sorbet. Pounce on 2-3 coats of color to the scales on the back, around the tail and above the front legs. Allow this color dry between coats.
- Using a CB-220 #2 Detail Liner, apply 2-3 coats of UG-203 Squash Yellow to the trailing whisker on the side of the face. Paint in the eyes with the UG-203 Squash Yellow and shade with some UG-85 Orange Sorbet.
- Using the same wedge of sponge now loaded with UG-203 Squash Yellow. Highlight the ends of the scales with this color. Apply 2-3 coats of color allowing drying time between coats again.
- Fire to shelf cone 04.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 good coat of UG-94 Pansy Purple to the entire dragon. Before the color has completely dried, slightly moisten the Green Scotchbrite Cleaning pad and scrub off the highlights of the purple color off the piece. Allow the color dry again.
- Lightly moisten a few paper towels to where they are barely damp. Buff the piece with the moistened paper towels to remove any excess color residue from the highlights. Using the paper towel clean the highlights without removing more color from the crevices. Note: A sponge removes too much color from the ware on this piece and technique. Allow to dry.
- Using CB-604 Soft Fan, Apply 2 coats of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing to the entire piece. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 05/06.