- 6" Bisque Tile
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-23 Jack-O-Lantern
- FN-49 Flamingo
- DSS-0120 Cats
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- SG-501 Sculpting Medium
- SL-431 Bloom Stencil
- CB-604 #4 Fan Glaze Brush
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- 2" Foam Roller
- Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque tile. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust making sure not to over saturate the bisque.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Fan Glaze brush, Brush on three coats of FN-49 Flamingo and allow the tile to dry.
- Cut out the paper cat pattern and place in the bottom right area of the tile. Trace around the pattern with a pencil. Wet the pattern in a bowl of water then place on over the pencil outline making sure the pattern makes perfect contact with the tile leaving no gaps sticking up.
- Taking the SL-431 Bloom Stencil and a foam roller loaded with SC-16 Cotton Tail, roll over the paper pattern over the right bottom corner of the tile with one coat being careful not to lift the paper kitten pattern up.
- Place the same stencil over the left top corner area and apply SG-501 sculpting medium over the stencil using a squeegee. Immediately lift off the stencil or the edges of the design will not be crisp.
- Peel off the paper pattern of the kitten and paint in two coats of the kitten using SC-Jack-O-Lantern. Allow to dry.
- Silkscreen the kitten screen over the painted kitten matching up the design with SC-16 Tuxedo mixed properly with silkscreen medium.
- Place some Color on a palette or tile and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife mix color and medium to the consistency of peanut butter. If the mix is too thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if it is too thick add more Stroke & Coat. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick of a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give blank areas in your screen.
- Position the screen shiny side down on the piece. Hold in place, starting from the center out, Rub the mixture on the screen with your finger. Lift a corner up to check if you are applying enough color. Remove the screen and wash with water. Do not let the color dry in the screen. This will cause damage to the screen.
- How to use AC-310 Silkscreen Medium Video Link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXnf9tyeJN0
- Fill in the eyes with one coat of SC-11 Blue Yonder using a CB-110 #10/0 Brush.
- Allow to dry and fire to a witness cone 06.