- MB-1461 Clay Clipboard
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- SC-13 Grapel
- SC-14 Java Bean
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-26 Green Thumb
- SC-32 Bluebeard
SC-73 Candy Apple Red
- ST-129 Mini Fern Stamp
- MT-007 Divots Mat
- MT-008 Spiral Mat
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Cut out strawberry, saving negative part of the pattern.
3. Using the cut out, trace the shape of the strawberry onto the clipboard. Pencil in or trace the leaves on the strawberry.
4. Using the CB-106 #6 Script Liner and the CB-604 #4 Soft Fan to apply three coats of SC-73 Candy Apple Red to the strawberry and SC-26 Green Thumb to the leaves. Brush slightly past the pencil marks, this is to ensure that the pattern fits over the glazed area.
5. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-14 Java Bean to the Stem. Brush slightly past the pencil lines.
6. When dry to the touch, lightly brush water onto the strawberry. Place the paper strawberry over the painted one, press with a paper towel to remove excess water. Use a damp sponge to remove excess glaze from around the strawberry.
7. Measure to the middle of the clipboard on both sides and mark with a pencil. Mark one inch spaces on both sides of the clipboard - use these marks to place the 1" tape in stripes.
8. Use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of SC-15 Tuxedo over the spaces left uncovered by tape.
9. Remove the tape and let dry.
10. Place the negative cut out from the strawberry over the painted strawberry to create a mask for the black and white areas.
11. Use the 2" foam roller to apply SC-15 Tuxedo onto the MT-008 Spiral Mat. Stamp the strawberry with the Spiral Mat, remove the paper.
12. Use the CB-110 Liner to re-apply SC-26 Green Thumb to the leaves. Outline stem, leaves and fruit with SC-15 Tuxedo.
13. Apply clear glaze and fire to Cone 06.
1. Trace the outline (outer edge only) of the grapes and leaves onto the clipboard. Cut out two of the leaves, saving the negative pattern.
2. Use the Script Liner and Soft Fan to apply three coats of SC-13 Grapel to the grapes and SC-26 Green Thumb to the leaves.
3. Punch out 29 3/4" paper dots. Wet each dot and place it onto the painted grapes - start at the top of the bunch. Allow the paper to butt up to each other without overlapping. It is ok to leave a small space between grapes.
4. Using the Script Liner, apply 1 coat of SC-32 Bluebeard, slightly darkened with SC-15 Tuxedo to the area between the grapes.
5. Wet the painted leaves and place on the paper on top to mask out the shapes. Use a damp sponge to remove excess glaze around the grapes and leaves.
6. Tape from corner to corner for the first tape line. Measure one inch from this line to place tape on the diagonal over the clipboard.
7. Using the Soft Fan, apply two coats of SC-15 Tuxedo over the open spaces on the clipboard. Remove the tape.
8. To shade the grapes, use the Script Liner with SC-32 Bluebeard to create a c-stroke on the left side of all the grapes. Apply a dab or small comma stroke to with the same brush and SC-16 Cotton Tail on the right side of each grape. This will give the grapes a rounded shape.
9. Place the negative of the leaves cutout over the painted shapes Use the 2" foam roller to apply SC-15 Tuxedo to the ST-129 Mini Fern Stamp. Stamp the leaves.
10. Use the Liner to apply two coats of SC-14 Java Bean to the stem.
11. Slightly thin SC-15 Tuxedo and shadow or outline the grapes, leaves and stem.
12. Apply clear glaze and fire to Cone 06.
1. Trace the pear onto the clipboard.
2. Cut out the pattern of the pear shape without the leaves; they can be painted on over the checkerboard.
3. Use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of SC-6 Sunkissed to the pear. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-14 Java Bean to the stem.
4. Wet the paper pear and place on top of the painted pear. Remove excess glaze around the shape with a damp sponge.
5. Start in the middle of the clipboard and measure out 1" spaces on both sides. Tape every other space in both directions of the board.
6. Use the Soft fan to apply two coat of SC-15 Tuxedo to the open spaces. Remove the tape.
7. Tape over the spaces that were painted with Tuxedo in both directions. If some lines were not measured exactly, you can adjust your lines with more tape.
8. Once again, use the Soft fan to apply two coat of SC-15 Tuxedo to the open spaces. Remove the tape and the paper.
9. Place the negative cut out of the pear onto the clipboard so the pear shows thorugh. Use the 2" foam roller to apply SC-15 Tuexdo to the MT-007 Divots Mat. Press onto the pear.
10. Pencil or trace the leaves onto the clipboard.
11. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of SC-26 Green Thumb to the leaves. Use the Liner with SC-15 Tuxedo to outline the pear, leaves and stem.
12. Apply clear glaze and fire to Cone 06.
13. Use a two part epoxy to glue on the clip to the ceramic board, tape in place while drying.