- MB-1144 - Home Décor Vase
- FN-008 - Brown
- SC-12 - Moody Blue
- SC-26 - Green Thumb
- SC-27 - Sour Apple
- SC-75 - Orange-A-Peel
- SC-76 - Cara-bein Blue
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-106 - #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- Thin String
- Small Cup
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean Sponge and wipe Bisque to remove any dust.
- Place some FN-008 Brown into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it. It should be the consistency of coffee cream. Pour this into the vase and roll around to completely coat the interior of the vase. Drain out the excess Glaze and keep vase inverted until it has lost its shine. Wipe off any Glaze from the outside using a damp Sponge. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 Coats of FN-008 Brown to the outside of the vase. Allow to dry.
- Start at the top of the vase. Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of FN-008 Brown to the outside of the vase. Apply one small area (circle/square shape) at a time. While still wet, apply string in a spiral, with end of string hanging over the top of the vase. Continue until you get to the bottom of the vase where string will hag over. If string is not down tight, go back and apply more brown over the top. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of SC-76 Cara-bein Blue to the outside of the vase. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 1 coat of mainly SC-27 Sour Apple, mixing in SC-26 Green Thumb randomly to the inside of the spirals.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 1 coat of SC-75 Orange-A-Peel to the outside of the spirals. Leave space for blue to show in between.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply some SC-12 Moody Blue and SC-26 Green Thumb randomly around the vase in the blue areas.
- Before the piece gets too dry, pull string off, starting at the bottom. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to cone 05/06.