- MB-1285 - Big Hoot
- S-2101 - Crystal Clear Brushing
- SC-15 - Tuxedo
- SC-16 - Cotton Tail
- EL-132 - Rust Red
- EL-133 - Autumn
- CB-106 - #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 - #10/0 Liner
- RB-144 - #4 Reflections Soft Fan
- ¾” Rubber Stopper
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a RB-144 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of EL-133 Autumn to the outside of the top and bottom of the Hoot Box.
- Using a RB-144 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 Coat of EL-132 Rust Red to the wings.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the iris part of the eyes.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo to the beak, feet and the pupils of the eyes.
- Take a ¾” Rubber Stopper, cut in half. This will become a stamp for the chest feathers.
- Place some SC-15 Tuxedo on a palette with a piece of paper towel to create a stamp pad. Pick up some of the SC-15 Tuxedo on the rubber stopper and pounce a couple of times to ink up the rubber stopper. Staring at the bottom of the chest, stamp a row of feathers. Continue till you reach the top of the chest.
- Using miscellaneous round shape, such as the end of a ink pen. Stamp circles around the eyes.
- Using a RB-144 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing glaze to the inside of the top of the hoot box. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 05/06.