- MB-1391 Medium Flat Vase
- FN-001 White
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-18 Rosey Posey
- SC-23 Jack O'Lantern
- SC-24 Dandelion
CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
CB-106 #6 Script Liner
AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
AC-219 Designer Bottle with Writer Tip
MC-001 ¼" Masking Tape
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Thin some FN-001 with water in a small cup until it is the consistency of heavy cream. Pour the contents into the vase and roll it to coat the entire inside. Stand vase upside down to drain.
- Use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of FN-001 White to the top, sides and bottom of the vase, including spout. Let dry.
- Using the masking tape, tape off the raised edge of the front and back of the vase so you are left with just the flat front surface to work on.
- Using the CB-604 Soft Fan Brush, apply one coat of SC-11 Blue Yonder to the top third of the front of the vase. While still wet, apply SC-24 Dandelion to the middle third of the front of the vase and wet blend into the Blue Yonder. Apply SC-18 Rosey Posey to the bottom third of the front of the vase and wet blend into the Dandelion. Repeat two more times so that you have a total of 3 coats.
- >Apply strips of masking tape horizontally to the edges of the vase approximately ¼ inch apart. Make sure the tape is pressed securely down so none of the edges are sticking up or wrinkled.
- Using the Soft Fan Brush, apply two coats of SC-15 Tuxedo to the outside edge of the vase over the tape strips. Also, apply two coats of to the spout.
- When the shine goes away, remove the strips of tape.
- Using the AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper, transfer the pattern to the front of the vase.
- Using the Script Liner, apply two coats of SC-23 Jack O'Lantern to the sun.
- Fill the AC-219 Designer Bottle with Writer Tip with SC-15 Tuxedo. Fill in the letters and outline the sun. Draw random rows of scallops around the edges of the front of the vase.
- Clean the writer bottle and fill it with SC-16 Cotton Tail. Fill in the middles of the letters and the scallops around the edges of the front.
- Stilt and fire to cone 06.