- MB-1336 Asian Teapot
- SC-96 Aqu-ward, SC-11 Blue Yonder, SC-31 The Blues, SC-15 Tuxedo, SC-16 Cotton Tail, SG-401 Designer Liner Black, S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing Glaze
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, CB-408 #8 Round, CB-106 #6 Script Liner, CB-604 #4 Soft Fan Brush, AC-213 Sponge on a Stick 1 ¼ Inch Round, AC-211 Sponge on a Stick 3/8” Round, MT-004 Swirls, MC-001 6 mm Masking Tape
- Pencil, Scissors
- Download: Pattern
- Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Slightly thin some S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing Glaze with water (3:1) and roll to the inside of the vase. Remove any drips from the outside with the BT-910 Synthetic Sponge.
- Apply strips of equally spaced MC-001 6mm Masking Tape to the sides of MB1336 – Asian Teapot
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo black to the sides, handle, spout, bottom and lid of the teapot.
- Carefully remove the strips of tape and let dry completely.
- Cut out two paper teacups from the pattern.
- Using CB 604 #4 Fan Brush and S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing Glaze, ‘glue’ down the paper teacup with the glaze so it adheres to the teapot. Repeat on the other side.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SC-96 Aquward to the front and back of the teapot.
- Using the AC-213 Sponge on a Stick, load the sponge with SC-11 Blue Yonder, tap the glaze onto the MT-004 Swirls Stamp then press the stamp gently onto the front of the teapot. Repeat on back.
- Position the Eddy Rose Stencil on the front of the teapot and use the AC-213 Sponge on a Stick 1 ¼ Inch round to apply one coat of SC-31 The Blues through the stencil over the entire front. Use an up and down dabbing motion to apply the glaze. Remove Stencil and paper teacup. Repeat on back of teapot
- Using the CB-408 #8 Round brush, double load the brush with SC-16 Cotton Tail and apply 3 coats to the teacup. Repeat on back of teapot.
- Using the CB-106 #6 Script Liner and SC-15 Tuxedo, paint the black parts onto the teacups on the front and back of teapot using the photo as a guide
- Using SG-401 Black Designer liner, draw the steam swirls coming up from the teacup. Repeat on back.
- Load AC-211 Sponge on a Stick 3/8” Round with SC-16 Cotton Tail and gently press onto the lid, handle and spout to make polka dots. Go over each dot two more times to ensure opaque coverage.
- Using CB 604 #4 Fan Brush, apply 2 coats of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing Glaze to the sides of the teapot over the black and white stripes.
- Stilt the lid and teapot, fire to shelf cone 06.