- SB-100 16oz Mug
- SW-001 Stoneware Clear, SW-100 Blue Surf, SW-108 Green Tea, SC-15 Tuxedo, UG-87 Regal Purple, UG-204 Orange, UG-208 Dragon Red, SG-401 Black
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, CB-404 #4 Pointed Round, DSS-0110 Botanical-Trees and Grass, AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- Palette, Palette Knife
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Use a CB-404 #4 Pointed Round brush and layer the UG-87 Regal Purple, UG-204 Orange, UG-208 Dragon Red Underglazes in the middle band of the MSB-100 E 16oz Mug. Make sure to overlap the colors with each applied color.
- Apply 2 coats of SW-100 Blue Surf to the inside and the top and bottom band using the CB-604 #4 Soft Fan brush. Be sure to allow each coat to dry before applying the next one.
- Apply 2 coats of SW-108 Green Tea to the inside and the top and bottom band using the CB-604 #4 Soft Fan brush. Be sure to allow each coat to dry before applying the next one.
- You will be using the DSS-0110 Botanical-Trees and Grass for this project.
- Place some SC-15 Tuxedo on a palette or tile and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife mix color and medium to the consistency of peanut butter. If the mix is too thin, add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if too thick add more Stroke & Coat. Too think of a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give you blank areas in your screen. You can also use SG-401 Black Designer Liner for more color saturation.
- Position the screen on the piece. Hold in place with one hand, starting from the center out, rub the mixture on the screen with your finger from your other hand. Gently lift the corner up to check if you are applying enough color. Remove the screen and wash with water. Do not let the color dry in the screen. This will cause damage to the screen.
- How to use AC-310 Silkscreen Medium Video Link- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXnf9TYeJNO
- Once the screened images are completely dry, apply two coats of SW-001 Stoneware Clear using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan brush.
- With a damp sponge, wipe off any excess glaze off the foot of the mug.
- Place on a high-fired kiln shelf.
- Do Not Stilt and make sure the mug is not hanging over the kiln shelf.
- Fire to shelf cone 5/6.