- SB-108 Contemporary Mug
- SW-001 Stoneware Clear, SW-123 Sapphire, SG-404
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge, DSS-0112 Flowers, AC-310 Silkscreen Medium, CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Palette, Palette Knife
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SW-123 Sapphire to the inside of the mug.
- Place some SG-404 Blue on a palette or tile and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife mix color and medium to the consistency of peanut butter. If the mix is to thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if too thick add more SG-404 Blue. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give you blank areas in your screen. You can also use Stroke & Coat or Underglaze.
- Position the DSS-0112 Flower on the piece, shiny side up. Hold in place, starting from the center out, rub the mixture on the screen with your finger. Carefully lift a corner up to check if you are applying enough color. Remove the screen and wash with water. Do not let the color dry in the screen. This will cause damage to the screen.
- How to use AC-310 Silkscreen Medium Video Link- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXnf9TYeJN0
- Once the screened images are completely dry, apply 2 coats of SW-001 Stoneware Clear using the CB-604 #4 Soft Fan brush to the outside of the mug.
- With a damp sponge, wipe off any excess glaze off the foot of the mug.
- Place on high-fired kiln washed kiln shelf.
- Do Not Stilt and make sure the mug is not hanging over the kiln shelf.
- Fire to shelf cone 5/6