- MB-101 Coupe Salad Plate
- SC-11 Blue Yonder, SC-24 Dandelion, SC-73 Candy Apple Red, SC-15 Tuxedo, S-2101 Clear
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium, DSS-0133 Merry Christmas, CB-106 Script Liner, CB-110 Liner, CB-604 Soft Fan, BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Palette knife, food coloring
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- On a tile, add food coloring to S-2101 Clear to deepen the tint, and sprinkle with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Using a palette knife, mix color and medium to the consistency of peanut butter. If the mix is too thin add more AC-310 Silkscreen Medium or if it is too thick add more tinted clear. Too thin of a mixture will bleed under the screen and give you a blurred image. Too thick of a mixture will make it hard for the product to penetrate through the holes in the screen and give blank areas in your screen.
- Thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium on a separate tile and set aside for later.
- Using the bulbs from DSS-0133 Merry Christmas, screen shiny side down, with the tinted clear around the edge of the plate. It is helpful to mark the screen with lines, using a permanent marker, to delineate the beginning and end of the bulb. This is so you can continue to screen without cleaning the screen.
- Repeat the process for the candy canes in the center of the plate.
- Using CB-110 Liner and CB-106 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-11 Blue Yonder, SC-24 Dandelion, and SC-73 Candy Apple Red, to the bulbs.
- Using CB-110 Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-73 Candy Apple Red to the stripes and bow on the candy canes.
- After the glaze is completely dry, place the bulb screen, shiny side down over the painted bulbs making sure the screen is lined up. Using your thickend SC-15 Tuxedo from earlier, rub the thickend Tuxedo over the screen. Do the same for the candy canes.
- Using CB-106 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of Sc-73 Candy Apple Red to the edge of the plate.
- Using CB-604 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of S-2101 Clear to the plate.
- Stilt and fire to cone 05/06.