- SB-110 Dessert Bowl, SB-127 Stoneware Teapot, SB-128 Tumbler
- SG-401 Black, SG-403 Red, SG-405 Green, SG-407 Yellow, SG-408 Orange, SG-409 Bright Green, SG-410 Bright Blue, SW-138 Lemon Meringue, SW-136 Weathered Blue, SW-139 Creamsicle
- CB-602 Sm. Soft Fan, CB-604 Soft Fan, AC-230 Clay Carbon, BT-910 Sythetic Sponge
- Pencil, Epoxy
- Download: Pattern
- Begin with properly fired Shelf Cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust. Check the inside of the teapot for any debris as well.
- Use a pencil and AC-230 Clay Carbon to trace the design to the pieces.
- Place some SW-138 Lemon Meringue into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it (about 3 parts glaze to 1 part water). It should be th consistency of a coffee cream. Pour this into the teapot and roll around to completely coat the interior of the piece. Drain out the excess glaze and keep inverted until it has lost its shine. Wipe off any glaze from the outside using a damp sponge. Allow to dry.
- Use SG-401 Black to paint in all of the line detail to all the pieces.
- Starting with the bowl base, fill in the leaves with SG-409 Bright Green. Fill in the veins with SG-408 Orange.
- Use SG-410 Bright Blue to fill in the flowers. The centers are filled in with SG-407 Yellow with some SG-408 Orange. The leaves are filled in with SG-409 Bright Green.
- For the teapot, fill in the beak with SG-407 Yellow. To the top portion of the bird (head, back of neck and wings) fill in with SG-403 Red. The branches, legs and some of the lined sections of the leaves are filled in with SG-405 Green. (The green will turn brown under the color during firing.) To the larger open sections of the leaves and some of the remaining lined sections of the leaves, fill in with SG-409 Bright Green. To the latice sections on the spout and handle, fill in the open sections of the latice with SG-407 Yellow. For the latice "V" sections, fill in with SG-410 Bright Blue.
- To the teapot lid, fill in the latice "V" sections with SG-410 Bright Blue.
- Using CB-402 or CB-406 Soft fan, apply 3 heavy coats of SW-138 Lemon Meringue to the bowl, handle and spout. More white will apear after firing where the glaze is applied heavier. Thin or lighter areas will show more of the underlying color. To the lid and tumbler apply 3 heavy coats of SW-136 Weathered Blue. To the teapot apply 3 heavy coats SW-139 Creamsicle excluding the handle and spout.
- Wipe off the "foot" of the pieces. Place on the kiln shelf and fire to Shelf Cone 6. Do not stilt.
- Using an Epoxy glue, glue the tumber to the inverted bowl once that has set, glue the teapot to the tumbler top. Let dry.