- MB-1472 Rustic Ware Pitcher
- SC-14 Java Bean
- SC-23 Jack-O-Lantern
- SC-25 Crackerjack
- SC-31 The Blues
- SC-34 Down To Earth
- SC-52 Toad-ily Green
- SC-79 It’s Sage
- SC-92 Café Ole’
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- SP-216 Speckled Cottontail
- SP-254 Speckled Vanilla Dip
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing
- FN-023 Cinnamon
- CB-406 Pointed Round
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- ST-127 Crackle
- AC-230 Clay Carbon
- Pattern: Download
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust. Check the inside surface for any debris as well.
- In a Plastic Mixing Cup mix FN-023 Cinnamon with some water to a melted ice cream consistency. While working quickly, pour the thinned glaze to the inside of the pitcher, rotating the glaze to cover the entire inner surface. Pour out the excess glaze and invert the piece to drain and dry. Use a moistened sponge to wipe off any glaze from the outside of the piece.
- In a Plastic Mixing cup mix 1 oz. of SP-216 Speckled Cottontail and 1 oz. of SP-254 Speckled Vanilla Dip. Mix well. Using CB-604 Soft Fan to apply 3 coats of the mixture to the outside of the pitcher including the handle.
- Use CB-604 Soft Fan loaded with the mixture and tip (side load) the brush with SC-92 Café Ole’. Shade the top and bottom edges of the pitcher. Shade around where the handle attaches to the ware. More than one coat may be necessary for proper color concentration. Apply one thinned coat of SC-92 to the handle using the Soft Fan brush. Let dry.
- Transfer the pattern using AC-230 Clay Carbon. The pattern can be cut out and attached with the Blue Masking Tape for transferring. Repeat the pattern on both sides of the pitcher.
- On a tile place SC-14 Java Bean, SC-23 Jack-O-Lantern, SC-25 Crackerjack, SC-34 Down To Earth, SC-52 Toad-ily Green, SC-79 It’s Sage and SC-97 Cant-elope. Thin the colors with water to a skim milk consistency. Using CB-406 Pointed Round to fill in the acorns with SC-14 Java Bean. The acorn caps are SC-34 Down To Earth. Colors should be almost solid coverage.
- To the leaves in the pattern, randomly apply the remaining colors to the leaves in a dabbing motion with CB-406 Pointed Round. Wet blending and overlapping the colors as you paint the leaves. The colors should be mottled and blended as they move through the leaves.
- Detail the acorn caps with SG-401 Black. To the acorn bottoms and leaves detail them with SG-406 Brown as shown in the pattern.
- On a tile mix some SC-31 The Blues with water to a skim milk consistency. Using the 1” Sponge-on-a-Stick to apply one coat to the ST-127 Crackle stamp. While working quickly, apply the stamp in a diagonal across the piece, pressing firmly onto the ware. Lift the stamp from the piece. By applying the stamp on a diagonal you lessen the chance of the pattern becoming to repetitive and obvious to the eye. Repeat this process all over the ware to complete the overall crackle pattern. Let dry.
- Using CB-604 Soft Fan to apply one coat of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing over the entire outside surface.
- Stilt and Fire the piece to Shelf Cone 05-06.